Our Platforms & Communities

Art Basel is a leading brand in the global art market. Our portfolio also features numerous leading B2B and B2C platforms in Switzerland in a variety of sectors.

MCH Group | ArtBasel | Logo.
MCH Group | Berufsmesse Zuerich | Logo.
MCH Group | Creativa | Logo.
MCH Group | Criterion | Logo.
MCH Group | Design Miami | Logo.
MCH Group | Didacta Digital Swiss | Logo.
MCH Group | Giardina | Logo.
MCH Group | Habitat Jardin | Logo.
MCH Group | Holz | Logo.
MCH Group | IFAS | Logo.
MCH Group | Igeho | Logo.
MCH Group | ILMAC | Logo.
MCH Group | Masterpiece | Logo.
MCH Group | Mefa | Logo.
MCH Group | Powertage | Logo.
MCH Group | Salon des métiers et de la formation Lausanne | Logo.
MCH-Group-Securite-Lausanne-Logo
MCH Group | Swiss Custom | Logo.
MCH Group | Swiss-Moto | Logo
MCH Group | Swissbau | Logo.

Our Live Marketing Solutions

MCH Global, MC2 and Expomobilia offer in the field of Experience Marketing holistic through-the-line solutions, from strategy and conception to implementation – worldwide.

MCH Group | Expomobilia | Logo.
MCH Group | MC2 | Logo.
MCH Group | MCH Global | Logo.

Our Venues

We have attractive and multifunctional event infrastructures in Basel (Messe Basel, Congress Center Basel) and Zurich (Messe Zürich). They are up to date from an ecological point of view.

MCH Group | Congress Center Basel | Logo.
MCH Group | Messe Basel | Logo.
MCH Group | Messe Zuerich | Logo.

History

The MCH Group has its roots in the Schweizer Mustermesse, which was founded in Basel in 1916 and later became Messe Basel. In 2001, Messe Basel and Messe Zürich merged to Swiss Exhibition, which became MCH Group in 2009.

2019

Transformation

2020

Integration of Exhibit & More AG into MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd. | Sale of the participation in metron Vilshofen GmbH

2019

Merger of MCH Global AG, Reflection Marketing AG, Techno Fot AG, Rufener Events Ltd and Oceansalt LLC into MCH Live Marketing Solutions AG | Sale of the stakes in Seventh Plane Pvt. Ltd (India Art Fair) and in art.fair International GmbH (Art Düsseldorf)

2018

Sale Winkler Livecom AG

MCH Group | History | Messe Basel | Halle 1 Sud

2017

Acquisition of the American MC2-Group | Acquisition of 67.5 % shareholding in Masterpiece London Ltd. | Acquisition of 24.1 % of art.fair International GmbH (Art Düsseldorf)

2016

Acquisition of 60.3% der Seventh Plane Pvt. Ltd (India Art Fair)

2015

Acquisition of Reflection Marketing AG | Acquisition of 20% in metron Vilshofen GmbH

2009

MCH Group

2014

First Art Basel in Hong Kong; 245 Galerien, 34,900 Besucher/innen

2013

Opening of Hall 1 South at Messe Basel

2011

Acquisition of 60 % of Asian Art Fairs Limited (acquisition of the remaining 40% in 2014)

2010

Acquisition of Beaulieu Exploitation SA, renamed MCH Beaulieu Lausanne SA

2009

Renaming of “Messe Schweiz AG” as MCH Group Ltd. | Acquisition of Rufener Events Ltd

MCH Group | History | Art Basel Hong Kong

2007

Acquisition of Expomobilia AG in Effretikon | Acquisition of 40 % of Exhibit & More AG (acquisition of the remaining 60 % in 2010)

2005

Acquisition of Winkler Veranstaltungstechnik AG; start on building up the new “Event Services” business area

2002

First Art Basel in Miami Beach; 160 galleries, 30,000 visitors

2001

Messe Schweiz AG


2001

Merger of Schweizer Mustermesse AG and Messe Zürich AG under the newly founded holding company Messe Schweiz AG; listing of the holding company on the SIX Swiss Exchange

2000

Conversion of the Schweizer Mustermesse cooperative in Basel into Schweizer Mustermesse AG

1999

Opening of the current Hall 1 North at Messe Basel

1998

Inauguration of the new exhibition centre at Messe Zürich

MCH Group | History | Messe Basel Messeplatz

1995

Official introduction of the designation Messe Basel for the Schweizer Mustermesse cooperative in Basel | Introduction of the company designation Messe Zurich and IPO of the renamed joint stock company Messe Zurich, AG für internationale Fachmessen und Spezialausstellungen

1986

First watch and jewellery fair held separately from the Swiss Sample Fair, with exhibitors from outside Europe for the first time; 1784 exhibitors, 91,000 visitors

1983

Public Limited Company in Zurich

1984

Construction of the Congress Center Basel 

1983

Conversion of the Zürcher Spezial-Ausstellungen cooperative into a public limited company

MCH Group | Baselworld | 1955.

1974

First Swissbau in Basel; 314 exhibitors, 40,000 visitors

1973

Holding of the first European Watch and Jewellery Show in the framework of the Swiss Sample Fair; 712 exhibitors (no visitor numbers available)

1970

Founding and initial edition of Art Basel; 110 galleries, 16,300 visitors

MCH Group | History | Messe Zürich | Züspa

1962

First HILSA, International Exhibition für Home Technology in Zurich; more than 200 exhibitors, 47’190 visitors

1961

Construction of the first exhibition hall in Zurich

1957

First trade fair in Basel: Holz – the Swiss trade fair for wood processing; 90 exhibitors and 16’000 visitors

1945

Cooperative in Zurich

1953

Construction of Hall 2 at Messe Basel («Rundhof»)

1949

The first Züspa held in the indoor stadium (Hallenstadion) in Zurich; 170 exhibitors, 45,000 visitors

1945

Inaugural meeting of the Zurich Special Exhibitions Cooperative

MCH Group | History | Messe Basel

1923

Destruction of four out of five of the wooden halls on the Basel exhibition site by a big fire. Subsequently, construction of the first definitive hall where Hall 1 is located today

1921

Construction of the first massively-built halls on the site of the current Messe Basel

1920

Decision by the parliament of the Canton of Basel-Stadt to found the Swiss Sample Fair Cooperative in Basel

1916

Schweizer Mustermesse

1919

Inaugural meeting of the Société coopérative du Comptoir Suisse in Lausanne

1917

First Swiss Sample Fair (Schweizer Mustermesse) in the City Casino (Centre I) and in a hall by Basel’s German Railway Station (Centre II); 831 exhibitors and 300,000 visitors.

1916

Agreement of the government of the Canton of Basel-Stadt to hold a Swiss Sample Fair (Schweizer Mustermesse)