The 2022 edition of Art Basel this June will bring together 289 leading international galleries to present the highest quality artworks – from painting and sculpture to photography and digital works – by artists ranging from early 20th-century Modern pioneers to cutting-edge contemporary practitioners. A strong line-up of galleries from across Europe will be joined by new and returning exhibitors from around the world, including Africa, Asia, North and South America, and the Middle East. 19 galleries will join the show for the first time.
“The diversity of participating galleries is more diverse than ever before”Marc Spiegler, Global Director Art Basel
“We are looking forward to staging Art Basel’s first June show since 2019, especially with such a strong line-up of galleries, including the return of many who were forced by the pandemic to take a hiatus last year,” says Marc Spiegler, Global Director, Art Basel. “This year’s quality and breadth of material will be on par with previous editions of our show – yet more diverse than ever before in terms of the galleries participating.”
The highlights of Art Basel in brief:
- Galleries (main sector of the show) with 234 of the world’s leading galleries
- Feature with solo and duo presentations by 26 galleries
- Statements with 18 solo presentations of emerging artists
- Edition with 11 leading galleries in the field of prints and editioned works
- Unlimited with projects that transcend the limitations of a traditional art-fair stand
- Parcours with installations and performances throughout the city center of Basel and a Parcours Night
- Film with a programm screened at Stadtkino Basel, including a film portrait of a selected artist
- Conversations with open and free panels offering audiences access to first-hand information on the international art world
The 2022 edition will again adopt a hybrid physical and digital format. Bringing together the fair’s physical and digital platforms, Art Basel Live will once again amplify onsite presentations in Basel to the broadest possible global audiences – transmitting the vibrancy and excitement from the show floor via a digital program comprising Online Viewing Rooms, virtual walkthroughs, and social media broadcasts.
Art Basel, whose Lead Partner is UBS, will take place at Messe Basel from 16 to 19 June 2022.
The press release of Art Basel with more detailed information and contacts for the media is available in the downloadable PDF below..